Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dough Pizzeira Napoletana





Next up on the list is Dough Pizzeria Napoletana. Dough was founded in November 2007 by Doug Horn and his wife, Lori. Since then they have been putting out authentic artisan pizzas that have received accolades both locally and nationally. Dough is a special place as it is one of only 32 restaurants in the US to receive the L'Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana certification for serving authentic Pizza Napoletana.

We arrived at Dough to find the place packed with customers, in my opinion that is always a good sign. People wont crowd a restaurant if the food isnt good. This put my mind a little at ease since this was my first time there. I'm always a little uneasy when I first try a new place to eat and there are no customers during the standard "dinner time" that's never a good sign and I'm glad that was not the case when we got there.




We were greeted by the hostess and we were notified that it would be a little over an hour for the wait, most of the time that is too long for me to wait, but after seeing how packed the place was I chose to stay, and I'm really glad we did. After a few names were called, we found a spot to sit in the waiting section outside of the restaurant. While seated they brought us a glass bottle of in-house filtered water and some glasses so we would have something to drink while we waited. Finally, our name was called, much sooner than we were told and we were seated. Once inside the place we noticed a very extensive wine selection, a true Italian pizza oven flown in from Napels, Italy, along with a mozzarella bar and a pizza bar. I thought it was very cool to watch everything being made right in front of you. 






After our table was ready, we were greeted by our waiter, who was very friendly and also very knowledgeable about all of the pizzas on the menu. Since it was our first time there he walked us through the menu and answered the questons we had very well with detailed explanations on any of the menu items we asked him about

What We Ordered:


Dough prides itself on most every item being made in-house. Megan had a peach Italian soda to drink, and from the sip that I stole from her, it was amazing. 


For starters we went with the Rollatini, with fresh, hand made daily mozzarella. This was extremely well executed and if it was the main course, I would have been satisfied right there. We also tried the flatbread and it too was really well done, it was well seasoned with truffle oil and sea salt, a perfect way to start your meal off.














Between myself, my girlfriend Megan, and my buddy Jake we decided to get two pizzas. Again, with the assistance of our server we went with the Pancetta and the Arugula and Prosciutto Pizzas. The Pancetta was very good, the sauce was light and delicious. The pancetta was well done along with the home made mozzarella and parmigiano reggiano provided a great balance atop the homemade pizza dough. The Arugula and Prosciutto pizza was my personal favorite though. The pizza was piled high with peppery arugula and the prosciutto was top notch, the pizza was light and delicious, I had 2 slices of this one and I wish I had more, it really was that good. I will be sure to get this one again.





 
















Grades

Service: A+ For our first time there, our server was extremely helpful and guided us to decisions that I'm glad we made, also the restaurant manager checked on us a few times to make sure our dining experience was enjoyable.

Price: A- Dough was a little steep as far as other pizza places go, but you must factor in that everything that went across my plate this evening was hand made in house. For me there was still value in the quality that we had.

Overall Satisfaction: A+ Great food, great service, great quality equals an A+ from me, I will most assuredly be back, and back often. You could really tell that the owner and staff were truly passionate about serving true pizza to its customers.

For more information and a look at the menus visit them at http://www.doughpizzeria.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment