Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sea Island Shrimp House



This evenings entry takes us to yet another San Antonio tradition, Sea Island Shrimp House. Sea Island Shrimp House, or Sea Island for short started its first location back in 1965 by the Anthony family. While this venture was new for the Anthony family this was not the first. The Anthony family actually owned a small restaurant called the Manhattan in downtown San Antonio. Although successful, the family chose to start a seafood concept and Sea Island was born. Sea Island has grown from its original location off of Rector and San Pedro to six locations across the city. Tonight Megan and I chose the original one.





 










What We Ordered

Megan went with the Lot O' Shrimp platter this evening. Her meal consisted of 8 golden fried shrimp and fries. The one thing about Sea Island I have always enjoyed is the quality. Low grade seafood is very easy for me to notice and I have never had that issue here, EVER. With every meal just like this one the shrimp were perfectly fried, and fresh. Freshness in items such as shrimp and fish are very easy to tell and sometimes other places, even national chain restaurants can get this wrong, but not here. I had the seafood platter which also has perfectly fried shrimp, but it also came with fried oysters, fried sea scallops, a fried fish filet and a deviled crab. Both of our entrees come with homemade hush puppies and you also can grab all the homemade tartar sauce and cocktail sauce as you can get. The portions are more than adequate and you walk out feeling full but not overfull. 

I will be completely honest and tell everyone that Sea Island is one of my favorite places to eat. The Value is great, portions are good, service is always good, and I am always happy when I leave here.







Grades: 

Service: A The service at Sea Island is good, basically you order at the cashier and the waitstaff keeps your drinks full. Like in previous posts my tea glass was always full, and I was pleased with the associate grabbing me another cocktail sauce for me when I needed it.
Price: A+ The price you pay for the quality you get is great here. FRESH, well prepared, seafood at this price is hard to find close to the water, nevermind 150 miles away...

Overall Satisfaction: A+ Again, one of my favorite places to eat. They have a reputation across the city and the folks at Sea Island continue to keep that up every day.

For more information go check them out online at http://www.shrimphouse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment